Congratulations to ARCH Lab’s Alex Luther on the successful defense of his PhD dissertation!
Alex’s project focused on delinquent behaviours and victimization among children in Ontario. Notable findings indicate:
• Parent and teacher reports have low agreement, suggesting that children display delinquent behaviours differently in home vs. school contexts
• Delinquent behaviours and experiences of victimization often cluster, with clustered patterns of these items differing in severity across settings
• Children with patterns of higher delinquent and victimization have stronger associations with mental disorders, particularly externalizing disorders
• Trauma-informed approaches to delinquency and victimization are necessary to reduce prevalence and impact
• Coordinated interventions across home and school to address these items could have broad benefits to the health and well-being of children
The ARCH Lab is excited to welcome Alex in his new role as a postdoctoral fellow with our team. Congratulations Alex!